Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Majulah Singapura!

I will be completing 1 year in Singapore in a week’s time. And time just flew off, I still remember the day I landed here and hubby drove me to our new rented home.I was so mesmerized with view of the house.. We were the first tenants for our landlord and so to say the house was brand new or at least looked like one..
The initial six months were quick. Lots of shopping and eagerness to be called a Singapore return :P when I go to India for my sis’s wedding.. And to be honest this is the best place any woman would want to be for all the shopping corners it has.
I love the colorful Singapore. The place is so beautiful at night and in the day I am reminded of my native place which makes it even more beautiful, Contrast ain’t it. I was surprised to see the people follow rules like hell.. even at the signals.. No honking horns.. and lots of patience.. The public transport is awesome. Most of all senior citizens are given utmost care.
People do crib the system is pretty much predictable and monotonous. No variety and chaos like in India. But I say it’s so well organized that’s why it is predictive and the reason for it’s progress..
Well all said and done.. I do miss India for my people and the festivals and occasions.. Sigh!
So let’s see how long I am gonna be here and I write a post++ every year I complete.. ;)

1 comment:

Poornima Seetharaman said...

Yay! The first anniversary is coming up soon! :D