Thursday, May 29, 2008

Splendid Rains!

Here comes the Rain again! Tip! Tip! the first rain drops fall on my face.The dark clouds passing by brings me a nostalgic feeling. The rain droplets wash my face and the cold breeze chills my nerves with goose pimples all over. I see smiling faces around, with a sigh of relief from the hot summer.
Getting wet in the first rain is an awesome feeling. I believe monsoon should arrive when we are on a vacation. Stay at home , watch a good dvd, cuddle in a cosy bean bag with a cup of hot chocolate coffee or rather a lip smacking Masala chai with Molaga Bajji(Chilli pakodas). Rains remind me of my vacations in Mavelikara(Kerala) where my grandparents stay in this big house with around 11 rooms with a fascinating store room, where we used to have our treasure hunts. Most of our summer vacations were spent at our grandparents place. And since the monsoon arrives early in kerala, by the time we need to return to school, the rains begin. The weather being volatile, never know when there's gonna be a lightning & thunder accompanied with heavy slashing rains. A short circuit and the electricity is gone. Scared mom & grandma would shout at us , "Get into the Store room", where its dark and the lightning won't hit us. We see a mouse running around and all of us give a shout!. And the most brave from of all us was our great grand mother(called as Athai by me & jo), be it thunder or lightning she would sit out at the veranda muttering some slokas till my grandma pleads to get her inside :P( Old people are brave isn't it?)
It was fun those days, after the rains subside we used to make paper boats and see them sail across small little lakes formed outside the house. The drops on the petals and leaves looked so pretty. The green beauty soothes the mind and eyes so much that I still wouldnt mind going to kerala for a short trip.
How I wish to go back and enjoy those days again!! So till the rains arrive here in Mumbai I will have to keep singing this lullaby "Rain Rain come again! Little johnny want to play!".

1 comment:

Jai said...

Rain! ah, you reminded me of so many memories of Kerala and the annual visit to Grampa's house.
:-)