Friday, June 6, 2008

Nostalgia!

Woke up early at 7am. In awe with my realisation of 9am being my birthright(Thanx to Jai). I cast a glance out side the window( yawn!), it's Cloudy and drizzling. Santosh(hubby) had done with his prayers and got ready for his office. Bid adieu wishing me a great day, after his breakfast.
Holding a cup of cold tea in my hand I realise I need to leave for office in an hour or so, on such a wonderful day. A sigh of relief on the thought that its a Friday. The AC at work makes me feel cold and the environment nostalgic. I Check my mails and login to GTALK. My friend Jai comes online with a "Hallo" and I say "Hi,am feeling nostalgic today" and he asks "nostalgic for what?". This puts my brain to task, for what am I feeling nostalgic? 
--Days when I was(still) a crazy fan of HarryPotter , after every book it would take me easy 3-4 days to be back in the real world. 
--The day when I met my hubby. A rainy day and made him wait for long 45mins. Still remember the day , me getting down the matunga bridge in a white windcheater and him standing there waiting for me( hehehe) Gosh! cant imagine its almost an year from the day we met. Over a cup of coffee our lives changed and it was bells ringing everywhere.
-- Every time my heart pounced on the thought that I am getting married soon.
-- Everything that mom did for me from getting my coffee to everything I wanted(love ya). Never realised I would also have to do that.
Some wistful thoughts that would take me back to where I was. But where am I? Where do I go?
After all this brainstorming nostalgia, I am feeling sleepy. But no chance of getting a quick nap. To end it I must say I accept this cynical quote "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be" written by someone .

4 comments:

Balki said...

Very Nostalgic..[:)]

Ashwin said...

yeah nostalgia is kind of less painful,less reminding,and less painful these days............
pain was the joy of nostalgia in the ol'days!

Nature is smiling said...

Yep, the weather does indeed makes one more reflective. Just makes one reflect on the rains in the past when one could possibly see one's face in the puddles, but now all that one sees largely is the muck that one prefers to avoid....

Jai said...

LOL, now that's nostalgia in detail indeedy. You know, today was another such cloudy day and it was Friday too! :)

Anyways, nostalgia is sometimes quite an emotional trip. And it's always rather interesting to go back and trace how we ended up on the memory lane. Like rain on a sunny day always reminds me of my summer vacations in Trivandrum at my grampa's house. :)